Thanks to the internet, accident victims can access information that may not be provided to them from insurance companies, attorneys, or even their well meaning health care professionals.
Danville, CA (PRWEB) July 8, 2010 -- Finally, there is a place to go online that reveals why chiropractic works, how it works, and how it can benefit car accident victims.
This new website gives car accident victims the education and confidence they need to make their own choice as to who should care for their injuries and includes easy to read information on “Chronic Pain From Whiplash Injury”, “Neck Injuries And The Acceleration of Neck Arthritis”, “Pre-Accident Arthritis of the Neck”, “Healing Time For Injured Soft Tissues”, “Problems With Pain Medicines”, “The Benefits Of Chiropractic”, “Understanding Whiplash Injury”, and much more.
|"...whiplash-injured patients are 5 times more likely to suffer from chronic neck pain than control populations."|
- 2002 study looked at the health status of whiplash-injured patients 17 years after injury. At the time, this was the longest follow-up study on whiplash-injured patients published. The authors documented that 55% of the patients still suffered from pain caused by the original trauma 17 years later. (Bunketorp, European Spine Journal, 2002)
- 2007 review article documents that between 15-40% of those who are injured in a motor vehicle collision will suffer from ongoing chronic pain. (Schofferman, Journal of the American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons, 2007)
- 2009 review article pertaining to whiplash injury and including 100 citations, thoroughly reviewed 15 studies pertaining to whiplash-injury outcomes. The authors document that fewer than 50% of all patients made a full recovery and that 4.5% are permanently disabled. In addition, they document that whiplash-injured patients are 5 times more likely to suffer from chronic neck pain than control populations. The view that a whiplash-injured patient’s symptoms will improve once litigation has finished “is unsupported by the literature.”(Bannister, Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery, British, 2009)
If you’ve been in an automobile accident, you can learn more and find a doctor in your area by going to www.TheChiropracticImpactReport.com
- Wills for Heroes Foundation and HotDocs Team Up to Provide Free Legal Services to Nation’s First Responders
- Manhattan Film Festival Files Lawsuit Against The Tribeca Film Festival Alleging Misappropriation of “Virtual Film Festival”
- Long Island Attorney Appointed to Trial Lawyer Academy's Board of Directors
- Anchor Baby movie - Watch "Behind The Scenes" video of the film, featuring Omoni Oboli, Sam Sarpong and Terri Oliver
- EnGenius Technologies, Inc. Delivers High Performance, Long Range Wireless Network to Dawson Independent School District
[Via Legal / Law]