Credit monitoring services company answers questions including "can my employer run my credit report"?
Delray Beach, FL (PRWEB) May 28, 2010 -- NationalCreditReport.com, a leader in credit monitoring services, advises consumers that in addition to potential creditors and lenders, even employers have a reason to look at your credit report.
"At a time when many people are looking for work, consumers are surprised to learn how many employers are obtaining their personal credit report before making hiring decisions," said Samuel S. Ambrose, Vice President of Marketing and Operations for NationalCreditReport.com. "They've asked us 'can my employer run my credit report' and they answer is 'yes, both prospective and current employers can access your credit report if you provide your authorization.'"
According to Ambrose, employers and potential employers complying with the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA) can obtain your personal credit report.
"Employers figure that the manner in which you manage your finances may be a good sign of how you'll do your job. Therefore credit report damage goes a lot further than just finances. Unfortunately, this is a tough time for our job market and people who have found themselves out of work might also have fallen behind in payments to creditors, thus causing credit report damage and a lower credit score."
NationalCreditReport.com advises job seekers to obtain their personal credit report at the onset of their job search and review it thoroughly so they know what personal information and potential credit report damage others can see in your credit file when they are making an important hiring decision."
Since 2004, NationalCreditReport.com has specialized in providing credit information and credit monitoring services to consumers to help them understand their credit report and score. NationalCreditReport.com encourages consumers to check their credit report on a regular basis.
- New Article: New Managers Must Know Legal Basics
- Underwriters Laboratories Manages Counterfeit Product Investigations with i-Sight Investigation Software and Improves Criminal Enforcement
- Personal Injury Attorney David H. Perecman Voted By Lawyers Nationwide In The Top 5% of New York Attorneys
- Statement by Juvenile Products Manufacturers Association On Illinois Attorney-General Comments as Reported in The Chicago Tribune on May 25, 2010
- Consumer Protection Legal Services, Inc. Leads the Field Again in Helping Homeowners with Mortgage Problems
[Via Legal / Law]