Attorney obtains $21 million for toddler paralyzed by rear-end collision, believed to be the largest settlement ever recorded for individual plaintiff in New York
New York, NY (PRWEB) July 1, 2010 -- A London family has received $24.3 million in the settlement of the their personal injury lawsuit that was triggered by a tragic auto accident during a visit to New York in 2008. The extraordinary settlement was negotiated by Stuart Finz, senior partner of the New York-based law firm of Finz & Finz, P.C.
The case, Angras v. Defendant's Name Withheld (Index No. 08-CV-7444), stemmed from a New York automobile accident that occurred on July 4, 2008, when a young mother and her two year-old son were visiting from London. The plaintiffs were unrestrained in the back of the car in which they were traveling when their vehicle was rear-ended by a tractor-trailer. The child sustained a spinal cord injury, leaving him a quadriplegic, and his mother sustained multiple fractures.
Finz & Finz, P.C., filed a lawsuit in the United States Federal Court in New York within days of being retained by the victims in the summer of 2008.
"The lawsuit was settled after a team of 10 experts were amassed, over 40 depositions were taken, and the case was trial ready" said Finz. "After a series of long and complicated settlement conferences, I was able to achieve a settlement that will provide medical treatment for the child and lifetime financial security for the family that was devastated by this tragic accident."
Finz has been named one of the top personal injury trial attorneys in New York State by New York Super Lawyers, and is listed in the New York Law Journal report of Largest Verdicts. After winning numerous Multi-Million Dollar Verdicts and Settlements, he was selected as a member of the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum, a prestigious group of trial lawyers in the United States.
The settlement for the child in the case was $21 million, which is believed to be the largest cash settlement ever recorded for an individual plaintiff in New York. The settlement for the mother was $3,325,000.
Finz & Finz, P.C. employs its vast experience, enormous resources, and highly experienced staff of personal injury and medical malpractice lawyers, paralegals and nurses, to achieve the fullest measure of justice for the clients that it proudly represents. For more information, please go to www.finzfirm.com or call toll-free 888-FINZ.FIRM.
- Third Largest School District in South Carolina to Roll Out More Than 3,500 Aerohive Access Points to Enhance Academic Achievement
- Iris Data Services Hires New Director of Legal Services - Leading Electronic Discovery Company Adds Brandon Mack to Manage Attorney Document Review
- InterLegis Helps Companies Slash E-Discovery Costs with Free Culling
- ConnectedIn Divorce Resource Offers Online Expert Website for People Considering or Going Through Divorce
- Lookupemail.com Helps Consumers Protect Their Computers From Potentially Dangerous Emails With Its Reverse Email Lookup And Online Scam Reporting Community Feature
[Via Legal / Law]