In a ground-breaking deal, Weiss & Hiller, PC settles the first reported disability insurance case in New York arising from Bulimia.
New York, NY (PRWEB) June 29, 2010 -- Manhattan-based law firm Weiss & Hiller, PC has settled what appears to be the first successful disability insurance case in New York arising from Bulimia. The settlement was reached after the parties met with two different mediators at JAMS Endispute and the New York State Supreme Court over a period of two weeks.
Michael Hiller, who represented the plaintiff in the case, stated that he "was glad that the insurance company finally came to its senses and agreed to pay the benefits. This is an enormous relief to the client whose condition was only worsened by the stresses and anxiety of litigation."
|This case constitutes an important step toward eliminating the bad faith tactics of disability insurers throughout the nation.|
The names of the parties to the settlement, as well as the amount, are subject to a confidentiality agreement and have not been disclosed.
Contact: Michael S. Hiller (212) 319-4000
- Equal Justice Works Awarded 2.9 Million in Grants
- MaxHire Breaks Into 100 Fastest-Growing Canadian Companies
- Tencent QQ 2009 and 2010 History Format Recovered
- San Francisco Criminal Attorney Chris Morales Publishes His First Book, The Top Ten Celebrity Crimes of 2009
- Jayne Pemberton of Sands Anderson Law Firm Installed as President of Local Women’s Bar Group
[Via Legal / Law]