EmployeeScreenIQ releases survey findings that reveal attitudes about emerging trends, resume fraud, credit checks, legal issues and more
Cleveland, OH (PRWEB) June 28, 2010 -- Employment background checks have become an integral part of the hiring process and will only increase in popularity, according to survey findings released by EmployeeScreenIQ.
The global background screening provider surveyed more than 600 HR professionals between April and May 2010. Their response revealed that employment screening has become a widespread practice: of the companies surveyed, 92 percent currently perform background checks. Of that majority, 70 percent use them for over 80 percent of their hires. Additionally, 70 percent of respondents said that background checks have increased in importance in recent years.
Another key finding: while many job applicants' credit histories have been ravaged by the recession, only a third of the respondents view credit checks as a high priority in the hiring process.
These findings and much more have been compiled into a 14-page report, titled Trends in Employment Background Screening. Other topics include:
- Employer perspectives on emerging issues
- Laws to protect job applicants
- Attitudes of hiring managers and candidates
- Resume fraud, social networking and the use of contract workers
The complimentary report also features a sampling of comments from respondents, providing a candid glimpse into employers' opinions. To download a copy, visit http://www.employeescreen.com/trends.asp
"This report is a must-read for employers who need to understand the trends and challenges that are transforming the world of background checks," said Nick Fishman, chief marketing officer of EmployeeScreenIQ. "The job market is still intensely competitive and some applicants have resorted to extreme measures to land the ideal job. More than ever, companies can't afford to make a bad hire."
For an engaging commentary on the survey findings, a new podcast interview with EmployeeScreenIQ's Nick Fishman is available at http://blog.employeescreen.com/podcast-on-background-screening-survey-results/
Founded in 1999, EmployeeScreenIQ is a Cleveland, Ohio-based employment screening company offering a variety of employment screening services to mid- and large-cap organizations throughout the world, including those in North and South America, Europe and East Asia. For more information, visit www.EmployeeScreen.com.
Nick Fishman, EmployeeScreenIQ
This press release was distributed through PR Web by Human Resources Marketer (HR Marketer: www.HRmarketer.com) on behalf of the company listed above.
- John Harman CPA PLLC, Announces Expansion of Business with New Location Just off the Central Expressway in McKinney Texas
- NOVAtime participates in the Society for Human Resources Management (SHRM) 62nd Annual Conference in San Diego, California between June 27 and June 29, 2010
- New Dental Practice Management Book Reveals Secrets of Success
- Wells, Call, Clark, Bennett & Clawson Relocates Vacaville Office to New Location
- SGIO Says Western Australians Households Risk Fire When Cooking Is Unattended
[Via Legal / Law]