Martin, Harding & Mazzotti offers free cab ride program Wednesday, Nov. 26 to Sunday, Nov. 30, 2008 in New York's Albany, Schenectady, Troy, Saratoga, Utica and Plattsburgh.
Albany, N.Y. (PRWEB) November 27, 2008 -- During this Thanksgiving holiday, New York's personal injury law firm Martin, Harding & Mazzotti is offering free cab rides home for local tavern and restaurant patrons who might have had too many holiday spirits.
By calling 1-800-LAW-1010, patrons in Albany, Schenectady, Troy, Saratoga, Utica and Plattsburgh who might not be able to drive safely because of drinking will be treated to a free cab ride home. There will be no charge, no obligation and no questions asked. The law firm works in conjunction with Yankee Doodle Taxi, Black & White Cab System and Capitaland Taxi in the Capital District, Utica City Cab, and Plattsburgh City Taxi.
The cab program, sponsored by Martin, Harding & Mazzotti, LLP, has provided more than 800 free cab rides since Christmas 2007 and continues to take impaired drivers off the road, making our community safer for everyone. The program starts Wednesday, November 26, and runs through Sunday, November 30. Patrons who have had too much to drink can call 1-800-Law-1010 to be connected to a Martin Harding & Mazzotti representative. The representative will ask for the patron's location and then send a cab.
"We are offering free cab rides home from Wednesday, November 26, through Sunday, November 30. Our goal is to get people home safely during the 2008 Thanksgiving holiday," said Paul B. Harding, Managing Partner of Martin, Harding & Mazzotti, LLP of Albany, NY.
Thanksgiving is often a reunion between family and friends who celebrate with a drink after not seeing each other for months.
Thanksgiving Alcohol-Related Facts:
▪ Thanksgiving has one of the highest numbers of drunken driving arrests, injuries and deaths associated with a holiday, according to LifeTips.com.
▪ According to James Fell, an alcohol-traffic safety expert at the Pacific Institute for Research and Evaluation and MADD board member, daily alcohol-related traffic deaths typically rises sharply during the Thanksgiving weekend.
▪ Drunk driving statistics from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration show that the holiday season between Thanksgiving and New Year's is one of the deadliest times of the year due to an increase in impaired driving.
▪ According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, in 2007, someone was killed by a drunk driver every 40 minutes
The Free Cab Ride Program is non-exclusive. Patrons enjoying themselves at a bar that doesn't have advertising for the program may also use the Free Cab Ride Program.
If you have any questions, please call Martin, Harding & Mazzotti at 1-800-LAW-1010 and visit them at http:www1800law1010.com.
About Martin, Harding & Mazzotti, LLP
Founded in 1994, Martin, Harding & Mazzotti is a personal injury law firm with offices in Upstate New York, one in New York, NY, and a recently opened office in Manchester, VT. The firm has attorneys licensed in New York, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Vermont, Michigan, District of Columbia, Texas and California. The firm funds extensive community outreach programs promoting personal safety and will continue to do so in the future. Martin, Harding & Mazzotti is honored to have been voted "Best Law Firm" in the 2008 Times Union Readers' Poll. For more information, visit 1800law1010.com.
- HR.com Offers Award-Winning Legal and Compliance Resources and Experts to Their Over 180,000 US Members
- Business Leaders Place More Importance on Workforce Planning than HR Does, Study Reveals
- BlueCielo Announces Promotion of Brian Sallade to Chief Operating Officer and New US Headquarters
- Rock Star Life Lessons Blog Presents "The Recession Proof Musician"
- TempWorks Unveils New Generation of Paperless Products
[Via Legal / Law]