A year ago Americas Watchdog created the Global Piracy & Counterfeiting Consultants as a way to combat global counterfeiting & at the same time, as a way to protect consumers and businesses. Counterfeit goods spanning pharmaceuticals, entertainment, software, fashion, spare parts to even cigarettes reaps hundreds of billions of dollars per year. According to the group, "health, safety and global commerce are all at risk". The Global Piracy & Counterfeiting Consultants says, "the only way to curb global counterfeiting is to go after the bigger players by making it much harder to distribute their knock offs to consumers, who think they are getting a deal".
(PRWEB) March 28, 2008 -- Nearly a year ago Americas Watchdog formed the Global Piracy & Counterfeiting Consultants as a way to curb global counterfeiting, in order to insure consumers were getting the genuine product, and to protect big and small businesses from having their products stolen by crooks. Out of safety concerns, and or concerns over theft of intellectual property/ the actual manufacturers product, the group has indicated that it will go to war to protect a trade marked or a manufacturers protected product. One example of the groups efforts has been to advise global consumers not to purchase pharmaceuticals over the Internet unless the product can be verified as real. The global counterfeiting of drugs costs pharmaceutical companies and their shareholders $100 billion per year. According to the group,"this is not acceptable". The Global Piracy & Counterfeiting web site is located at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2008/03/http://www.prweb.com/releases/2008/03/Http://GP-CC.Com
Aside from legitimate drug companies losing $100 billion dollars a year to counterfeiting, the Global Piracy & Counterfeiting Consultants have discovered the following:
- Airplane & automotive parts are being counterfeited in China, India, and elsewhere, and are being sold as the real deal. Who would want to fly on an airplane, or drive in a car/truck that had sub standard replacement parts? Automotive or Airplane parts makers are welcome to contact the Global Piracy & Counterfeiting Consultants anytime in order to discover if their products are being counterfeited.
- After a year long investigation the Global Piracy & Counterfeiting Consultants have identified numerous web sites offering free down loads of current movies, video games or music CD's. If a film studio, video game maker or record label has an interest in identifying these sites and shutting them down, they are welcome to contact the Global Piracy & Counterfeiting Consultants anytime. The group estimates," the free downloads of movie, games and music compact discs is costing the global entertainment industries billions each year".
- Global software or computer program piracy or counterfeiting is completely out of control. The Global Piracy & counterfeiting consultants has the ability to track down software pirates or counterfeiters and work with the actual manufacturer to shut them down.
- As already mentioned pharmaceutical or drug counterfeiting is a $100 billion per year global business and growing. Either the actual manufacturers do not care, or their anti counterfeiting initiatives are totally ineffective. Counterfeit pharmaceuticals or drugs are costing each drug maker millions or billions of dollars per year, consumers are at extreme risk from counterfeit drugs (especially those purchased on the Internet) and because of inaction on the part of major drug companies, counterfeit drugs have but the shareholders of large pharmaceutical companies at risk because of the enormous liability created when large companies do not protect their brand. Add to the fact that organized crime is deeply involved in counterfeiting drugs because it is so lucrative & you have a recipe for a global consumer & shareholder disaster. If drug companies are serious about consumer, shareholder and brand protection the Global Piracy & Counterfeiting Consultants can make instant contributions to identifying the biggest counterfeiters. "Rather than getting a four hour erection, what happens if a consumer gets a instant heart attack, from a counterfeit ED type drug"?
- medical device/product manufacturers are also having their products counterfeited at historic levels. Counterfeiting is costing most medical device makers millions each year & consumers are being put at risk by poorly made knock off medical devices/products. If a medical device/product manufacturer is serious about brand protection, they are welcome to contact the Global Piracy & Counterfeiting Consultants anytime at 866-714-6466.
- Cigarette makers are also being taken to the cleaners by organized crime counterfeiting their products. The Global Piracy & Counterfeiting Consultants estimate that 200,000,000,000 counterfeit cigarettes are made each year in China alone. That is enough cigarettes to give every man, woman and child in Canada 300 packs of free cigarettes per year.
The Global Piracy & Counterfeiting Consultants was created as a way to protect consumers and business at the same time. The group encourages law firms representing any type of business with potential counterfeiting/piracy issues to share this press release with their clients.
Source: PRWeb: Legal / Law