Addition will give benefits consulting firm medical insights that exceed typical firms.
Melville, NY (PRWEB) September 27, 2007 -- Pilot Benefits Group announced today the addition of Dr. George Mayzell as a medical advisor. Dr. Mayzell is a Board certified Internist with years of both patient care experience and administrative health industry experience.
He has been directly involved with medical management activities including disease management, utilization management, appeals and grievances, case management, pharmacy benefit management and design for one of the largest payers for 10 years. He has also designed and implemented incentive programs such as pay for performance, as well as delivery strategies, Medicare initiative risk arrangements and injectable/biological management.
In his new role, Dr. Mayzell’s responsibilities will include the following:
- Meeting with companies to assist with understanding of managed care, benefit structures, etc.;
- Helping with medically sound benefit selection;
- Analysis of care and utilization programs for cost, quality, and utilization;
- Analysis of disease management initiatives;
- Assist with the appeals and grievance and denial process (including direct discussions with medical directors of health plans);
- Looking at high-dollar claims and reviewing them for appropriate billing, utilization, and quality;
- Reviewing injectable and biological payments—a huge source of inappropriate overpayments.;
- Evaluation of pharmacy benefits, and coordination with medical claims information;
- Direct involvement in facilitating or evaluating wellness and prevention programs.
"Dr. Mayzell provides companies with insight into their benefits program that far exceeds what a non-medical professional would have," said Josh Senders, a partner at Pilot Benefits. "His contacts with insurance companies and administrators nationwide can help Pilot better serve our clients."
About Pilot Benefits Group
Pilot Benefits Group is a benefits consulting firm to mid market companies primarily based in the New York metropolitan area. Pilot has been working with clients to help them better manage their benefit programs for over four decades. Pilot is a member of the Benefit Advisors Network, a national organization of independent employee benefits consultants.
Joshua D. Senders
Pilot Employee Benefits
(631) 386-5674 - Phone
(631) 293-5019 - Fax
This press release was distributed through eMediawire by Human Resources Marketer (HR Marketer: www.HRmarketer.com) on behalf of the company listed above.
Source: PRWeb: Legal / Law